Do Our Stars Lie?



Now, this has been a topic debated for ages. Does our star sign tell what we are? Is there any truth in star signs and the characters attributed to each zodiac? I, for one, started off being very cynical about this subject. How can all the people born in one zodiac sign be the same? If that is the case then why my dad who was a Capricon and my sister who is also a Capricon are different in their tastes, their thoughts, their reaction to things etc. etc. etc. This question bothered me for a long time. And then one fine day I realized that the issue need to be approached in a different way. I read up on star signs and approached the subject with an open mind, all ready to accept it as a big sham or see if it can convince my rational intellect.

 As a first step, I read up on Cancer 'coz that's my star sign and to my surprise most of the things said about a Cancer was very true about me. Here, I scratched my head and started thinking again. How can this be true? In that case, all people born under my star sign should be the same as I'm. But was it so? No. Then I asked one of my friends, who is also a Cancer to read up on her star sign and tell me what she thought about it. And then she calls me up at the middle of the night and says she was over whelmed at what she read about her star sign. She said almost everything that was told about a Cancer was very true to her character. And that shocked me 'coz I knew we were not the same kind. Look at the differences - I sing and always prefer arts to science but she's just my opposite (she's an engineer); I'm a bit of that philosophical kind and she hates philosophising just anything; I love to travel and she hates to get out of her house etc. etc. etc. This really intrigued me. How can there be so many difference between the both of us and yet the two of us feel that we are typical Cancerians? Now, this is a girl who I know from my school days and I know her pretty well though we are not the best of friends. I went back to the description of a Cancer and tried to figure things out and there, the mystery was solve! I realised that there are some similarities between us after all and just that it finds expression in different ways. It's like when I love the classical form of music and keep listening to it around the clock, she's out and out a hard-rock person and I always find her with her ear phones plugged in. But the love for music is something that we share. The difference is only in the type of music we love and that's 'coz of the different family background that we are from, the different kind of social set up that we belong to etc. etc. etc. I went on to find many similarities between us but which were pronounced in different and at times, opposing ways. And then on, I started believing in astrology and star signs though I still prefer to take a very balanced and rational approach to it. I know now that astrology is pure science based on mathematical calculations and like any other science forms, this too is not fool proof or flawless. But there is really something true about this subject.

Now, a little peek into what your star sign tells about you -

AQUARIUS - The Sweetheart ( Jan 20 - Feb 18)
Optimistic and honest. Sweet personality. Very independent. Inventive and intelligent. Friendly and loyal. Can seem unemotional. Can be a bit rebellious. Very stubborn, but original and unique. Attractive on the inside and out. Eccentric personality.

PISCES - The Dreamer (Feb 19 - Mar 20 )
Generous, kind, and thoughtful. Very creative and imaginative.May become secretive and vague. Sensitive. Don't like details. Dreamy and unrealistic. Sympathetic and loving. Kind. Unselfish. A good kisser. Beautiful.

ARIES - The Daredevil (Mar 21 - April 19)


Aries love to race in where angels fear to tread. Energetic. Adventurous and spontaneous. Confident and enthusiastic. Fun. Loves a challenge. EXTREMELY impatient. Sometimes selfish. Short fuse (easily angered). Lively, passionate, and sharp wit. Outgoing. Lose interest quickly. Easily bored. Egotistical. Courageous and assertive. Tends to be physical and athletic.


TAURUS - The Enduring One (April 20 - May 20th)
Charming but aggressive. Can come off as boring, but they are not. Hard workers. Warm-hearted. Strong and has endurance. Solid beings who are stable and secure in their ways. Not looking for shortcuts. Take pride in their beauty. Patient and reliable. Make great friends and give good advice. Loving and kind. Loves hard - passionate. Express themselves emotionally. Prone to ferocious temper-tantrums. Determined. Indulge themselves often. Very generous.


GEMINI - The Chatterbox (May 21 - June 20)
Smart and witty. Outgoing, very chatty. Lively, energetic. Adaptable but need to express themselves. Argumentative and outspoken. Like change. Versatile. Busy, sometimes nervous and tense. Gossips. May seem superficial or inconsistent. Beautiful physically and mentally.


CANCER - The Protector (June 21 - July 22)
Moody, emotional. May be shy. Very loving and caring. Pretty/handsome. Excellent partners for life. Protective. Intuitive, inventive and imaginative. Romantic and passionate but cautious. Touchy-feely kind of person. Needs love from others. Easily hurt, but sympathetic. Forgives but never forgets.


LEO - The Boss (July 23 - Aug 22)
Very organized. Need order in their lives - like being in control. Like boundaries. Tend to take over everything. Bossy. Like to help others. Social and outgoing. Extroverted. Generous and warm-hearted.
Sensitive. Creative energy. Full of themselves. Loving. Doing the right thing is important to Leos. Attractive.


VIRGO - The Perfectionist (Aug 23 - Sept 22)
Dominant in relationships. Conservative. Always wants the last word. Argumentative. A worry-hat. Very smart. Dislikes noise and chaos. Eager. Hard working. Loyal. Beautiful. Easy to talk to. Hard to please. Harsh. Practical and very fussy. Often shy. Pessimistic.


LIBRA - The Harmonizer (Sept 23 - Oct 22)
Nice to everyone they meet. Can't make up their mind. Have their own unique appeal. Creative, energetic, and very social. Hates to be alone. Peaceful and generous. Very loving and beautiful. Flirtatious. Give in too easily. Procrastinators. Very gullible.


SCORPIO - The Intense One (Oct 23 - Nov 21)
Very energetic. Intelligent. Can be jealous and/or possessive. Hardworking. Great kisser. Can become obsessive or secretive. Holds grudges. Attractive. Determined. Loves being in long relationships. Talkative. Romantic. Can be self-centered at times. Passionate and emotional. If hurt they neither forgives nor forgets.


SAGITTARIUS - The Happy-Go-Lucky One (Nov 22 - Dec 21)
Good-natured optimist. Doesn't want to grow up (Peter Pan Syndrome). Indulges in self. Boastful. Likes luxuries and gambling. Social and outgoing. Doesn't like responsibilities. Often fantasizes. Impatient. Fun to be around. Having lots of friends. Flirtatious. Dislikes being confined - tight spaces or even tight clothes. Beautiful inside and out.


CAPRICORN - The Go-Getter (Dec 22 - Jan 19)
Patient and intelligent. Practical and rigid. Ambitious. Tends to be good-looking. Humorous and funny. Can be a bit shy and reserved. Often pessimistic. Capricorns tend to act before they think and can be unfriendly at times. Hold grudges. Like competition. Get what they want...

***********************************************
Now this is a very peripheral analysis of the characteristics of each zodiac sign. For reading more into your zodiacs there are millions of websites but the one I found the most convincing was the Universal Psychic Guild. You'll find not just your star signs explained but also an assortment of other things relating to your zodiac. The interested ones can just click the link and be lost in a world that you never knew existed!

I'm well aware that there might be a lot of you who are going to think that I'm some kind of an odd jerk trying to promote something as superstitious as astrology and star signs. Well, you can go ahead and fill my comments column with your swearings at me. After all, no two people are the same in this world and perceptions differ from one person to another.

But I believe in something and fairly so - When a 1 ltr. empty bottle if filled with 1/2 ltr. of water you can choose to call it either half-full or half empty. No matter how you want to look at it, the truth remains that a 1 ltr. empty bottle now has 1/2 ltr. water in it.

Picture courtesy: Printable Tattoo Designs Blog

Popular posts from this blog

See you soon

OMG! I have PMS???

Listen to me sing!!!