Thanks for the tasteless deprivation!

After my jaundice and almost months of strict diet restrictions my tongue was almost beginning to forget how things ever tasted. I was allowed to eat only steamed food with not even salt, forget spices. Oil, any fatty food or things that had a tinge of sourness were a complete No-No. To put it short and simple, anything that my tongue could even remotely recognize as ’taste’ was out of my menu.

Two weeks back I tested my blood again and I was elated to find all readings falling back in the ’normal’ range. That means my tongue was ready to come out of its penance. I waited no more. I headed straight to a vegetarian restaurant and ordered idly and sambhar. My tongue was like a lonely and stranded traveller who finally found an oasis in a hot parching desert. I enjoyed every bite of the soft idly which I benevolently soaked in the heavenly sambhar. My tongue would have come out and doled out a merry lap dance, had it a heart of its own.

Since then it has been on numerous palatable escapades - the hot terrains of rice meals and rich side dishes, the snowy heights of ice cream flavours... I now even roll a sip of tea in my mouth before I let it drain down my throat.

So much for the tasteless deprivation for so long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giant Dogs!!!

My 100th Post and pointless thought!

Ekan's Celebrity New Year Gala (30+1 celebrities)