'D' for... Read to find out more

I'm a chronic insomniac and tonight my insomnia has doubled up as it has a reason - it's hardly 32 hours since I'd get married, and that too, to a girl I couldn't have even dreamed of in my wildest dreams!

She keeps repeating that she's not a beautiful girl, but to me she's the most wonderful woman I've ever come across -- she's my Wonder Woman!

She's kind, helpful, realistic, accommodating, strong, no nonsense (except with me because she likes to fool around me), sensitive, careful, caring, ready to take charge if the situation calls for it, ready to call a spade a spade, strong willed yet tender, passionate and most of all as loving as loving could be...

I could just keep on adding adjectives here but that still wouldn't define her completely.

I know I could be mocked at for showering a girl with such praise when I've known her only for hardly three and half months. Also because in these three and half months, we've seen each other like say, seven times! But as luck would have it, we did get time to spend some quality time with each other in those few meetings and that was enough for the sensitive me to gauge her beyond her otherwise rough or blunt outer shell.

And also we kept talking almost everyday, since we met, over the phone. Initially those conversations used to last over a night where I'd do most of the talking part and she'd just listen. I'm known to be a blabber mouth and I think I've told her every aspect of my life, sometimes even fearing that it'd be a spoiler that could end this proposal. Nevertheless, at least by now I can say with confidence that I've exposed every bit of my life to her, even discarding my friends' warnings but surprisingly she just said "I still love you Sambhu."

Initially it was hard for me to believe that she is saying that because no girl in her right sense would want to be with a person like me who has only faced failures after failures in life up until now.

Occasionally, she'd begin to talk and reveal herself to me, but those moments were great -- it took me closer to her -- I could understand her better -- her expectations of life, her principles in life, her fears, her anticipations...

But wait, I'm not blinded by my love for her. I'm very well aware she falls short in certain things but luckily I found that I could fill those gaps for her -- at least to a certain level.

With all my quirkiness, I know I'm not a perfect person, per say. I've a long way to go to be a good, responsible husband and if God willing, even a dad to a couple of kids.

As of now, I can only commit to one thing -- I'd be her 'bestest' friend whom she can trust her life with and I'd defend her and protect her, and do everything in my capability to see that she lives a good life ahead.

The journey begins now and I've nothing more than my dad's blessings, love from my mom and my sister, and the well wishes from the a few friends and relatives, and at last but foremost, the kind of confidence and trust she entrusts me with.

Of course I've had a couple of girlfriends and break ups before but this is different. This time, it's real. It's not fancy or fantasy...

This is not one of my short stories -- this is no fiction!

I mean, my D is real and she's going to be with me in less than another 31 hours, taking an oath to live with me for the rest of our life until death do us apart!

Am I feeling excited? Of course I'm.

But am I also feeling a vague sense of fear, anticipation, recklessness... 'coz I've never done this before! I've never faced such a situation before!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

See you soon

OMG! I have PMS???

Listen to me sing!!!