Music & me-self

Yes, I'm back at it again - music.

I was fortunate enough to have been born into a family of music lovers and I grew up listening to a rich collection of classics, both Indian and western. My late father and late uncle (father's youngest brother) were the ones who introduced me to a variety of music and legends like Rafi, Jim Reeves and the likes.

I still remember those music-filled afternoons of my summer vacations in my ancestral home - the big hall, a little dark because of the shade of all the gigantic trees outside the window. The window curtains fluttering in the breeze. My dad sitting by the window with a cigarette, dozing off, listening to the melodies of Rafi, Kishoreda, Lataji or Jim Reeves. Mostly it was the soulful voice of Rafi or Reeves that filled those afternoons.

After my father passed way, it was my uncle who used to get me cassettes of Kenny Rogers, Lionel Richie, Carpenters, Elton John and the likes. He too left me with a rich pool of music that I would continue listening to, perhaps till my last breath.

Today, after a long, long time, I suddenly thought of Kenny. I just felt like listening to him again.

This is one of Kenny's not-much-played, albeit one of my favourite songs.


P.S: Some songs are to be listened to and some others are for your keeping. Almost all those wonderful songs that I grew up listening to, I guess, are for my keeping!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

See you soon

OMG! I have PMS???

Listen to me sing!!!