Many of you might be aware of my interest in dogs. While surfing the internet the day before, I happened to stumble up on an article talking about the Giant Dog Breeds. I got interested and searched the net for more information. The results were fascinating. Until now, I was under the impression that the St. Bernard was the biggest dog breed. But I was wrong. The St. indeed is a massive breed but there are tough competitors for the laid back one. No wonder he always has that 'sad' look on his face! Just for information - The world's heaviest and largest dog in known history is claimed to be a Saint Bernard named Benedictine, which measured 9 ft in length and weighed 162 kg (357 lbs), although an 1895 New York Times report mentions a St. Bernard named Major F. who was longer. Benedictine surpassed Zorba, the largest English mastiff on record, in both length and weight. Zorba measured 8 feet, 3 inches long and weighed 343 lb. - Courtesy: Wikipedia Tallest Dog on the ...
Comments
peace